Surely you’ve had one of these tasty bowls. If not, you need to try one! Acai berries are primarily grown in Brazil’s Amazon rain forest. They are a true superfood packed with antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. They are said to boost the immune system and increase energy levels. Who doesn’t need that in the am!?!?
This will be one of our go-to’s for breakfast this school year. I’d never made one until this summer and couldn’t stop. Great quick lunch or afternoon snack, too. The possibilities are endless for these healthy little bowls.
I use Sambazon Acai Berry frozen puree packets. I always keep on hand several toppings from Go Raw. Their Simple-Nothing Added Granola (similar) is what I have on this bowl. My Homemade Honey Granola with oats, buckwheat groats, flax, pumpkin seeds, and dried fruit is a fantastic topping, too.
- 1 packet of Acai puree
- ½ c frozen pineapple
- ½ c frozen mango
- ½ c fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- ½ c coconut water
- Suggested Toppings:
- Sliced Banana
- Sliced Strawberries
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Prepare all of your toppings.
- Run acai packet under warm water for 5 seconds and break into pieces.
- Cut open packet and place in a blender or Vitamix.
- Add frozen and fresh fruit and pulse to break up a bit.
- Add coconut water a bit at a time and blend.
- Mixture should be thick not thin or runny.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with your favorite fruits, seeds and granola.
For extra protein, I add a scoop of Amazing Greens to the mix and a tad more coconut water. With the heat still upon us, and Acai Bowl is a great way to start the day.
THINGS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE A GREAT ACAI BOWL: