This was my favorite cupcake growing up. I just loved when my mom made them. We actually called them Blackbottom Cupcakes but since we don’t put the batter on the bottom Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes seems like a better name to me.
I can’t believe I haven’t tried making them gluten free before now. These cupcakes are moist, not over chocolaty and have the best surprise at the bottom….chocolate chip cheesecake! They are so easy, you’ll want to make them again and again, too.
- Combine and set aside:
- 2-8 oz package of cream cheese, softened room temperature
- 1-12 oz package of chocolate chips
- 2 egg, beaten
- ⅔ c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix together:
- 3 c Cup 4 Cup, gluten free flour
- 2 c sugar
- ½ c cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2¼ c water
- ⅔ c oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 3 1 dozen cupcake pans.
- Place 1 tbs of the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake batter in each cupcake liner.
- Fill level with Chocolate Batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Decorate with buttercream icing and chocolate chips, if desired.
Add 1 tablespoon of the cheesecake batter and top with chocolate cupcake batter.
I decorated these two different ways. One with candy corn for Halloween and the others with chocolate chips for a soccer party as my Bitty Girl thought they looked like a soccer ball.
I’ll be making another batch for Halloween. Hope you will, too. You’ won’t be disappointed!
SHOP THE POST