I love a good Cranberry Sauce during the holidays. Made with fresh cranberries, of course. No creepy, out of the can gelatin stuff for me. Save a little time on tomorrow by making this great holiday side today. It is best when the flavors have time to meld together.
This is my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. A touch of spice and hint of orange. The flavors are so good when they’ve had time to come together for a day or so. It is also fabulous as the topping on a baked brie. I find so many ways to enjoy this in November and December. I know you will, too!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c water
- ½ c fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries pop open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam off the surface with a metal spoon and discard.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 month.
Don’t forget to take a look at my Holiday Gift Guide that launched yesterday. I’ve scoured my favorite sites for the best gifts for everyone on your list. You’ll find something For Her, For Him, For the Cook, For the Traveler, For the Interior Design Lover, For The Beauty Maven, Tweens & Teens and For The Family.
I’ve also got a little inside scoop on Black Friday sales so I’ll be updating the lists with those deals and making sure you have a great list first thing Friday morning!
A few of my favorite retailers have started their Black Friday Deals already!
- J.Crew is offering 30% off your purchase and includes things that are never on sale! You know I’m super excited about this one and not be waiting until Friday to make purchases. Lot’s of great J.Crew in my For Her, For Him and Tweens & Teens Gift Guides. There’s not much better than cashmere on sale! Use code: GETSHOPPING
- Wisteria is offering 20% site wide with code: EVERYTHING20
- St. Bernard is offering 20% off top Pagtagonia Styles, 20% off Smith (need new ski goggles? Get them now!)
- Tory Burch just announced Spend $250 reveive 30% off site wide including sale styles with code: THANKS My go-to clutch is now your must-give (or have!) and love this blush colored bag.