Just 1 week from today the BEST sales of the year begins…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This sale can be a bit overwhelming because is so large and because it’s hot outside and we are in summer mode! But today, I’m sharing how I will make sure your are ready for this fabulous sale. Think of me as Your Nordstrom Sale Guide.
Why I love the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
For a limited time, Nordstrom offers brand-new styles generously discounted. Everything you need for fall and the upcoming holidays for your whole family are discounted up to 70% off! This is THE TIME to stock up for back to school and fall fashion.
How I Shop the Sale:
- Take stock of what everyone in the family needs for fall: If you are going to buy coats, sweaters, jeans or boots, why not get them on sale?!?!
- Beauty: This is the time to grab the beauty tools (like my favorite!) that almost never go on sale.
- Think about the holidays: How nice to have Christmas finished in July! Can actually do it this year?
- Mark up the catalog: Items in the sale are not announced but you can get an idea with their great catalog here.
5 Tips to Shop the #NSale like a Pro:
1. Get Early Access: Early Access for Nordstrom Cardholders is Thursday, July 12- Thursday, July 19.
- Early Access is the best reason to have a Nordstrom Card. You get access to the sale for 9 days before the general public. Right now there is an extra incentive to get a Nordstrom Card. Apply and get approved by July 9 and receive $40 in Nordstrom Rewards.
- You can join Nordstrom Rewards without applying for a credit card and they’ll give you a $20 Nordstrom Note. It’s fast and easy.
- General Public access one week later Friday, July 20 and runs until Sunday, August 5. Prices go up on the same items August 7.
- Early Access seems to always have the Best Merchandise, although they do add great things along the way.
2. Make a List of What You Want/Need Now: My Personal list for the NSale: Shopping the fall trends early of course! Glen Plaid, Velvet, Chunky Knits, Dark Florals, Fall Handbag (or two!), Winter White, Army Green, Cool Sneakers, Updated Denim, Beauty items and Cashmere. Family Items: Men’s shirts, Jeans, Girls Dresses, Jeans, Tops, Uggs, Backpacks.
3. Buy It When You See It! Free shipping and Free returns make this a now brainer. Things really do sell out. I do my best to let you know when things are restocked but A LOT of things are NOT RESTOCKED. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
Items that sold out quickly last year:
Tall Boots and Booties Trend Denim
Puffer Coats Leather Jackets
Nude Shoes Designer Handbags
4. Check Here For New Items: New items are added everyday so be sure to check my Nordstrom Sale tab at the top of the menu bar for the latest and greatest from the sale.
5. Buy Online, Store Pick Up: My favorite way to shop Nordstrom is to choose the “Buy Online, Store Pick Up” option. What’s better than getting your sale items the same day AND avoiding the madness at the store. Nordstrom emails and texts me when my order is ready. Then I just go to the first counter I see, request my items and walk out happy!
NOTE: Some stores, including Dallas NorthPark have Curbside Pick Up! I love this service and this sweet gal knows me well! Items not available in your store still have free shipping and free returns during the sale so no worries here, I just like the instant gratification when I can get it. In fact, I have a few things to pick up today for my trip to Punta Mita Saturday. My packing list is coming tomorrow to stay tuned for that.
I’ll remind you the day the sale begins with a HUGE round up of the Best of the Best in Every category. I’ll also share my favorites along the way here and on Instagram and Instagram Stories. Be sure to follow me there so you can see my Daily Finds. They’ll also be posted on Facebook. You can see posts with my favorites from last year here and here.
PS – Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss the Newsletter the day the Sale goes live and any summer inspiration coming your way including a new eBook! When you register now, you’ll receive my first one, Fresh Sips, immediately!