My Pomegranate Classic Chicken Salad is not only delicious but perfectly dressed for the holidays. The red of the pomegranate seeds and green onion make it truly festive.
The bright flavor of the pomegranate and the spicy green onion are a fabulous flavor combination as well. I’ve served it here on toasted bread rounds I cut from our favorite gluten free bread but it would be equally good in a biscuit for a sandwich. Or, goodness, just a heaping scoop for lunch!
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1⁄2″ cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ c pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 loaf of bread
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon chicken salad on to precut bread.
- Top with pomegranate arils and chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
This recipe first appeared in the Holiday Tea with Draper James post.