One of my favorite entertaining tips is to have a specialty drink. At the garden party I hosted last week, I served the Perfect Vodka Mojito with BLK EYE Vodka. I’m sharing the recipe with you today as a part of the Make This Weekend series.
This minty, tart cocktail is one of my favorite warm weather drinks. The fresh mint and fresh lime juice make it so refreshing. A typical mojito calls for muddling or crushing mint the the bottom of the glass to release the flavors. This recipe uses mint infused simple syrup and makes for a cleaner, less cumbersome preparation. I’ve shared my recipe for mint infused simple syrup here as well.
When choosing a spirit for a cocktail, I always choose a high quality product. BLK EYE Vodka is a non-GMO, farm to bottle vodka with 100% Texas roots: black-eyed peas from Lubbock and corn from Muenster in North Texas. This smooth-tasing vodka, it’s the first, and only vodka in the world crafted by hand from black-eyed peas.
When you add it to a cocktail it truly makes the flavor pop. BLK EYE Vodka blends well with flavored syrups like my mint version but can be enjoyed many ways, not in just a “sweet” cocktail. You can sip BLK EYE Vodka neat or on the rocks. It is equally as great in savory cocktails like a dirty martini or Bloody Mary. Their website has so many good recipes for sweet and savory cocktails.
For ease of entertaining at my party, I mixed pitchers of the cocktail base (fresh lime juice, mint infused simple syrup and BLK EYE Vodka) and had this at the bar ready to be poured over ice in a tall tumbler and topped with club soda. I love making cocktails in batches as it allows me to not play bartender all night and quickly serve my guest a wonderful hand made drink.
Below you’ll find the recipe for the batch as well as an individual cocktail. I know you’ll love serving the perfect vodka mojito this spring and summer. I’ve already served it again last weekend when we had family in town and enjoyed dinner al fresco outdoors.
- 16 oz fresh lime juice
- 16 oz vodka
- 6 oz mint infused simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1½ liter of club soda
- 1 bunch of fresh mint for garnish
- Mix fresh lime juice, BLK EYE Vodka, and mint infused simple syrup together in a pitcher.
- Fill your glass and pour to ⅓ full of drink mixture.
- Top to ⅓ full with club soda and mix.
- Fill the glass with ice and garnish with fresh mint.
- NOTE: To make individual drinks, use 2 oz each of lime juice, vodka in a double old fashioned (short glass) then follow directions for club soda and ice.
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 8-10 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- Combing water and sugar in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring while sugar dissolves.
- Simmer on high until the mixture reduces by ⅓.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh mint and allow to steep between 30-60 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves.
- Let cool completely.
I hope you’ll try BLK EYE Vodka. You can visit their tasting room in their historic Fort Worth headquarters and also tour their distillery. I can’t wait to visit when I’m Fort Worth next. BLK EYE Vodka is available in Dallas at Spec’s, POGO’s and Sigel’s to name a few. You can find other locations where it is available by visiting their website. You can also purchase online at libdib.com.
Cheers to a long weekend!
Thank you to BLK EYE Vodka for sponsoring this post. The recipe and opinions are my own.
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin this image for reference!