I hope you had a great July 4th with family and friends. We sure did! Next week one of the BEST sales of the year begins…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This sale can be overwhelming because it is so large and because it’s hot outside and we are in summer/vacation mode!
But today, I’m sharing how I will make sure you’re are ready for this great sale. Think this as your Complete Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Guide.
Why Shop The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
For a limited time, Nordstrom offers brand-new styles at very discounted. So many items you purchase for your family for fall and even gifts the upcoming holidays are discounted up to 70% off! This is THE BEST TIME to stock up for back to school and fall fashion and things you’d be buying anyway.
How I Shop the Sale:
- Take stock of what everyone in the family needs for fall: If you are going to buy coats, sweaters, jeans or boots, why not get them on sale?!?! This will be big for me with one going to college and needing to think ahead!
- Beauty: This is the time to grab the beauty tools (like my favorite!) that almost never go on sale.
- Think about the holidays: How nice to have Christmas finished in July! Can actually do it this year? Another goal with a college age child. I want to enjoy her time home in December!!
- Make A List from the Catalog: Items in the sale are not announced but you can get an idea with their great catalog here.
Dates to Know:
VIP Nordstrom customers (those with high level shopping) are rewarded this year with private and early shopping days in the store. So once it goes online, it will have been preshopped in store. Which means if you want it, buy it asap. There will be no restocks. Only returns from orders or in store purchases.
5 Tips to Shop the #NSale like a Pro:
1. Get Early Access: Early Access for Nordstrom Cardholders is Thursday, July 12 (beginning at 12:30pm ET) – Thursday, July 19.
- Early Access is the best reason to have a Nordstrom Card. You get access to the sale for 9 days before the general public. Right now there is an extra incentive to get a Nordstrom Card. Apply and get approved by July 10 and receive $40 in Nordstrom Rewards.
- You can join Nordstrom Rewards without applying for a credit card and they’ll give you a $20 Nordstrom Note. It’s fast and easy.
- General Public access one week later Friday, July 20 and runs until Sunday, August 5. Prices go up on the same items August 7.
- Early Access seems to always have the Best Merchandise, although they do add great things along the way.
2. Make a List of What You Want/Need Now: My Personal list for the NSale: Shopping the fall trends early of course! Bold Colors, Menswear Inspired Plaids, Velvet, Chunky Knits, Dark Florals, Fall Handbag (or two!), Winter White, Army Green, Cool Sneakers, Updated Denim, Beauty items and Cashmere. Family Items: Men’s shirts, Jeans, Girls Dresses, Jeans, Tops, Uggs, Backpacks.
3. Buy It When You See It! Free shipping and Free returns make this a now brainer. Things really do sell out. I do my best to let you know when things are restocked but A LOT of things are NOT RESTOCKED. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
Items that sold out quickly last year:
Tall Boots and Booties Trend Denim
Puffer Coats Leather Jackets
Nude Shoes Designer Handbags
4. Check Here For New Items: New items are added everyday so be sure to check my Nordstrom Sale tab at the top of the menu bar for the latest and greatest from the sale.
5. Buy Online, Store Pick Up: My favorite way to shop Nordstrom is to choose the “Buy Online, Store Pick Up” option. What’s better than getting your sale items the same day AND avoiding the madness at the store. Nordstrom emails and texts me when my order is ready. Then I just go to the Pick Up Counter, request my items and walk out happy!
NOTE: Some stores, including Dallas NorthPark have Curbside Pick Up! I love this service and this sweet gal knows me well! Items not available in your store still have free shipping and free returns during the sale so no worries here, I just like the instant gratification when I can get it.
I’ll remind you the day the sale begins with a HUGE round up of the Best of the Best in Every category. I’ll also share my favorites along the way here and on Instagram and Instagram Stories. Be sure to follow me there so you can see my Daily Finds. They’ll also be posted on Facebook. You can see posts with my favorites from last year here and here.
PS – Don’t forget the great July 4th weekend sales all listed here! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss the Newsletter the day the Sale goes live. You’ll also get a copy of my new eBook, Simple Summer Entertaining along with the other two, Fresh Sips and Taste of Summer!
Pin this image for reference!