It’s been so much fun to share our college journey so far. From dorm room organization and designing a beautiful dorm room to tips for moving your college freshman, so many of you have loved these posts. Now that they are dropped off and settled, care packages are on my mind! I know I’m not alone, so I wanted to share with you my thoughts and ideas, as well as some of the things others have shared with me.
While the photos below are centered around a bit of a guy and girl theme, they are really interchangeable, except for the game day shirt and earrings, of course! I also used the USPS Flat Rate Boxes so that the weight won’t matter in the price of shipping.
Here’s a list of fun ideas they will appreciate now and throughout their college years.
- Restaurant Gift Cards: Uber/Uber Eats, Chipotle, Chick-fil-a, In-n-Out, Chili’s, Starbucks, Grub Hub
- Gift Cards: Target, Amazon, Visa/MC, Walmart
- Detergent Pods
- Microwavable Foods: Cup O Soup, Mac and Cheese, Ramen Noodles, Ramen Noodle Cups, Oatmeal, Popcorn, and Kettle Corn
- Beef Jerky
- Apple Gift Card
- Mints and Gum
- Protein Bars
- Cold and Flu Season: Advil, NyQuil, Cough Drops, Emergen-C
- Room Deodorizer or Diffuser
- Favorite Snacks from Trader Joe’s or a local shop or bakery. In Dallas, everyone loves JD’s Chippery!
- Water bottles
- Phone charging cord
- Extension Cord
- Home Baked Goods: One reader freezes a portion of a family favorite when she makes it and overnights it with ice packs! That is LOVE from home for sure! I’ll try it and see how it works and report back!
GIRL SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Game Day earrings or jewelry
- Game Day Dress or Top
- Clear Stadium Bag
- Beauty Items: Dry Shampoo, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Body Butter, Nail Polish/Remover Pads, Sheet Masks, Facial Peels, Body Scrub, Hair Ties
- Strings of lights. Holiday decorations. Target, Walmart and Amazon have cute shops for the holidays
- Favorite tea or coffee
- Hot Chocolate, candy cane spoons, and mini marshmallows
- Cute Mug
GUY SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Gameday polo shirt
- Toothbrushes and Razors
- Clorox Wipes: Guys are notorious for NOT cleaning anything
- Personal Care Items: Toothbrushes, Deodorant, Razors (I hear guys don’t want to spend any money on basics!)
- A new set of sheets: Another I hear… but I hear guys don’t change sheets at all. This set is cost effective enough to almost be disposable but still really nice. I sent them with my daughter to college and bought these for our house!
- Fun games like Spike Ball, Over the Door Basketball, Velcro Paddle Ball
- Bluetooth Speaker
Y’all have the best ideas throughout this process and I would love to know your ideas on care packages. Please drop your thoughts below and I will update the post and share them.
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin these images for reference!