One of our favorite things to make for the holidays is cookies. My family has long been a fan of a simple but decadent coconut macaroons. They made are extra special for the holidays dipped in milk chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint.
My girls love to make these. It is an easy Christmas cookie and perfect for a cookie exchange also. You can also print the recipe card for this below.
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 extra large egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz melting milk chocolate
- Crushed Peppermint sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until you have medium-firm peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper with either a 1¾-inch diameter cookie or ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- While macaroons are cooling, melt 10oz of melting milk chocolate.
- Dip ½ of the macaroon in the chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
Today is the last day for regular shipping for many retailers so be sure to check my post on Shipping Deadlines for all the details. You can access all of 15 Gift Guides under the boutique below. Get more inspiration for the holidays on the Holiday tab on the menu above and on these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tablescapes, Beauty and Travel. You can also see all the shop pages here: Style, Home, Tabletop, Beauty, and Travel.
This recipe originally appeared in the Holiday Tea with Draper James Post.
Pin this image for future reference and keep scrolling for the Gift Guides!