Green Halter Maxi Dress / Alicia Earrings with Lapis Charm / Minnie and Helena Bracelets / Berry and Thread Isabella Acrylic Pitcher / Berry and Thread Serving Tray / Ikat Tablecloth / Wicker Placemat / Faux Bamboo Flatware / Berry and Thread Melamine Dinner Plate / Isabella Acrylic Tumbler / Ikat Napkin / Bamboo Napkin Ring / Large Blue and White Jar Centerpiece (30% off!) / Smaller Blue and White containers (also on sale) / Dining Chairs / Similar Table (All outdoor details can be found here and here)
Since we are all spending a lot more time at home this summer, I wanted to restart one of my original series: Make This Weekend. I’ll start with this fresh Summer Sangria. It is the perfect mix of sweet and tart.
I know our nation is hurting right now. I am am truly heartbroken as I shared here and then I paused my blog and social media for a few days. I’ve spent a lot of time listening, learning and praying and will continue to do so. Racism is unacceptable and we have had a lot of discussions in our home about how we can stand up for those that need our voices and love. We are listening to many voices to educate ourselves and learn how to help. I hope you’ll take the time to follow our pastor Jeff Warren and his dear friend pastor Bryan Carter who have worked for many years on racial reconciliation in Dallas. We are looking to them for leadership in these times. I do plan content 4-6 weeks in advance so I hope that the posts I continue to share here and will begin again on social media will be a bright spot in your day.
The Make This Weekend recipes are a mix of recipes that are perfect for the weekend because they take a bit more time or are just great for when you have a chance to slow down and enjoy them.
You got a sneak peek of this sangria in the post of this elegant summer tablescape featuring the blue, white and green Ikat design. This recipe can easily be made into a mocktail by increasing the orange juice and sparkling water and deleting the wine.
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c fresh orange juice, chilled
- ½ c fresh lemon juice, chilled
- ½ c fresh lime juice, chilled
- 1 bottle Savignon Blanc, chilled
- 2 bottles of Topo Chico or 32 oz of Sparking Water
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 lime thinly sliced
- **Note: Use fresh squeezed juices. It really tastes much better. Never that pre-made Real Lemon! I buy it at Central Market or Whole Foods when I'm making a large quantity but it's really not that hard to squeeze this amount for a single batch.
- Place sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and grapefruit juice in a large pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour over ice in a high boy or large wine glass.
PS – Get more inspiration when you subscribe to my newsletter and receive my eBooks Simply Summer Entertaining and Taste of Summer as well as on these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tablescapes, Beauty and Travel. You can also see all the shop pages here: Style, Home, Tabletop, Beauty, and Travel. Did you know you can also easily shop my Instagram Feed, too?
Pin this image for future reference!