Similar Stripe Linen Top / Similar Denim Shorts / Nude Sandals / Juliska Splatter Melamine Dinner Plate / Bamboo Flatware / Wicker Placemats / Juliska Isabella Large and Small Acrylic Tumblers / Pitcher / Juliska Oceanica Napkin (also seen here) / Urchin Napkin Rings
As we all begin to spend time with family and friends after sheltering at home for so long, I thought it would be good to share My Tips for Easy Summer Entertaining. These great tips make entertaining at home easy and fun! I’ve also linked you to some of my favorite recipes.
Entertaining is my passion. I love sharing that passion with others through entertaining tips and easy recipes and tablescapes. Entertaining family and friends should be an enjoyable experience. Something you look forward to, not dread. These Tips for Easy Summer Entertaining will help you to enjoy the evening as much as your guests and want to entertain often.
- Create A Make Ahead Menu – Ensuring that you aren’t in the kitchen or at the grill all night helps you to be more relaxed. Your guests will be more at ease as well. They won’t feel like they should be helping and you have time to enjoy their company. Watermelon Gazpacho Shooters, an Avocado Bar and Barbecue Chicken are my go-dishes. Pictured above is a my favorite Ceviche recipe.
- Set a Beautiful Table with Outdoor Dinnerware – There are so many gorgeous options now in melamine dishes and acrylic drinkware. Over the years, I’ve collected a few patterns and love to mix and match them. Using non breakable items also helps alleviate the worry of broken glass in the grass or pool. This summer tablescape will easily become my July 4th Tablescape with just a few easy changes! I also use fresh flowers every time I entertain. I love to bring in a garden element by adding clipped greenery or magnolia leaves from my landscaping to the table as well.
- Mix Cocktails and Mocktails in Batches for Your Self-Serve Bar – Everyone loves an icy cocktail or mocktail in the summer. Mix yours in batches and serve in drink dispensers or pitchers with lids (as seen in this post) so that no one has to play bartender all night. Our favorite batch cocktails are Sangrias including my French Rose Champagne Sangria inspired by my love of The Ivy in LA is pictured above. The new Summer Sangria recipe shares how using Topo Chico or sparking water easily makes them Mocktails!
- Play around – We love to have a few outdoor games for guests. This is especially great for family entertaining. Lawn dice, Corn Hole and Bocce are our favorites.
- Be A DJ – Make a great playlist or download one from Spotify. Setting the mood is just as important as the food!
- Insect Control – Be sure to spray your outdoor entertaining area early in the day to get rid of those pesky mosquitos. Nothing ruins an outdoor party like these critters. These lanterns work well, also.
Once you have your plan in place, stick to it and use it over and over again. Most likely you’ll have different groups over and no one will be the wiser! Each summer, we use this formula and entertain almost every weekend we are in town. I’ve already used it this summer, too!
What are your favorite ways to entertain in the summer? I’d love to know. I’m choosing names from those who comment and are subscribed to the blog for June Beauty Box winners soon so be sure to chime in!
Happy Summer Entertaining!
PS – These tips are also in one of my eBooks, Simple Summer Entertaining, an beautiful printable entertaining checklist. You receive the password to download it as well as four other eBooks including, Fresh Sips and Taste of Summer, all perfect for summer entertaining!
SHOP THE POST
Thank you to Juliska for providing the tableware.
Photos by Mary Hafner
Pin this image for future reference!