Best College Care Package Ideas

by | Sep 15, 2020 | LIfestyle | 12 comments

Similar Black and White Stripe Sweater / Similar Jeans / Gift Cards / Diffuser / Game Day Shirt Available in Almost All Teams!

It’s been so much fun to share our college journey beginning last Fall.  From dorm room organization and designing a beautiful dorm room to tips for moving your college freshman, 21 Tips for College Move in Day to Beautiful Home Decor on a Budget we used in my daughters house, you have loved these posts! I’m so excited to share the Best College Care Package Ideas today with you!

I know that there are many versions of college this year but I believe now more than every a little love from home (or even downstairs if yours are at home!) is more important than ever.  My daughter loved receiving packages from home last year and told me they always arrived when she needed a pick me up.  I know I’m not alone in thinking about sending a happy from home so I wanted to share with you my thoughts and ideas, as well as some of the things others have shared with me.

While the photos below are centered around a bit of a guy and girl theme, they are really interchangeable, except for the game day shirt and earrings, of course!  I do know that there are some schools that are allowing students at games and others that don’t but school spirit attire is still a top gift for college students. I always used the USPS Flat Rate Boxes so that the weight won’t matter in the price of shipping.

Here’s a list of fun ideas they will appreciate now and throughout their college years whether online this semester or on campus.

UNIVERSAL IDEAS

GIRL SPECIFIC IDEAS

GUY SPECIFIC IDEAS

Y’all have the best ideas throughout this process and I would love to know your ideas on care packages. Please drop your thoughts below and I will update the post and share them.

Happy Care Packaging!

XO

Alicia

PS – Looking for more home and style inspiration? Don’t miss all the college posts here, 15 Fall Dresses Under $100,  AWL x Southcott Fall Collection,  Blue and White Pillows For Fall, Casual Day Dresses For Fall,  August Favorites Under $150Top 25 Reader Favorites for August, the beautiful Alicia pieces I designed with Hazen and the AWL x Southcott Collection. They are filled with great pieces that are perfect for this time of year!

Photos by Audrie Dollins

Pin these images for reference!

12 Comments

1. Carrie Fisketjon

Working on year two of making care packages for my kiddo. Love it! Great ideas here, Alicia! Two more suggestions: throw in something silly and fun, like a spinning top-like toy. Create a Box Club with some friends. Everyone brings something to share in everyone’s care package. Great opportunity to share your feelings about having a child in college….and, of course, wine!

Hi Carrie!
      I love those ideas! I need to do that next month!

2. Kelley

Great ideas! My girls also loved getting holiday themed decorations – Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s, etc. They could decorate their dorm room or apartment and make it a little festive!

• Alicia

That is such a fun idea, Kelly! I’ll add that to my list!

3. Jennifer Crecelius

These would also make great stocking stuffers! I’m going to save these lists for Christmas!

• Alicia

Wow! I hadn’t thought of that! I’ll add these to my stocking stuffer list coming out in November!

4. Angela Linderman

Love your ideas! I send frozen homemade cookies and home made pumpkin bread in my care package to my daughter- I also add a small candle, sleeping socks and a little something for the roommates. She loves receiving a care package from home.

Hi Angela!
      Homemade items are so appreciated! There will be some in my next box. Love sending a happy to the roommate, too! So sweet!

5. Roz

I found a great photo of my son’s tight knit group of high school buddies and put it in a masculine 5 x 7 wood frame. He appreciated that little sentimental touch almost as much as the giant bag of Skittles 😉

Hi Roz,
      The guys get credit for being tougher than they are sometimes! I know he loved the photo! Such a fun idea!

6. Barbara

Great ideas. The only thing my boys wanted was Rice Krispie bars and homemade cookies. Lots of them – enough to pass around. It’s a hit with all the guys. I can almost guarantee you all these goodies won’t stay with your daughter.

Hi Barbara!
      I love the idea of sending a big box of goodies to share! I’ll do that for exam time! We love Rice Krispies!!

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Alicia Wood, Dallas Lifestyle Expert, Dallas Fashion Blogger

MEET ALICIA

AliciaWoodLifestyle.com is a lifestyle destination for everyday living written by Alicia Wood. Alicia’s goal is create a timeless, fresh way to approach fashion, entertaining, beauty, design and travel.

AWX X SOUTHCOTT FALL COLLECTION
Hazen Jewelry Collection

Meet Alicia

AliciaWoodLifestyle.com is a lifestyle destination for everyday living written by Alicia Wood. Alicia's goal is create a timeless, fresh way to approach fashion, entertaining, beauty, design and travel.

12 Comments

1. Carrie Fisketjon

Hi Carrie!
      I love those ideas! I need to do that next month!

2. Kelley

• Alicia

That is such a fun idea, Kelly! I’ll add that to my list!

3. Jennifer Crecelius

4. Angela Linderman

Hi Angela!

5. Roz

Hi Roz,

6. Barbara

Hi Barbara!

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Meet Alicia

Alicia Wood, Fall Outdoor Tablescape, How to pack in a carry on for a week, Alicia Wood, Dallas Lifestyle Expert, Dallas Fashion Blogger, Dallas Hostess

My Style

A fresh approach to classic style.

September Favorites Under $150

September Favorites Under $150

I love great styles at even better prices.  September Favorites Under $150 is filled with beautiful and cozy styles for Fall from $35 to $150.  I love seeing all of the new arrivals from various brands and seeing what catches your eye, too!

Alicia Wood Lifestyle Fall Boutiques

Alicia Wood Lifestyle Fall Boutiques

Each season, I fill the AWL Boutiques with my favorite finds to inspire your personal style, keep you looking beautiful, decorate your home, fill your pantry and give the perfect gift.  These are updated constantly but get a major overhaul each season and as of today, they are fully updated!

15 Fall Dresses Under $100

15 Fall Dresses Under $100

With Fall’s fickle weather, I love to find dresses that look at the part but are light weight and airy.  This collection of 15 Fall Dresses under $100 is filled with styles that fit the bill and are easy on your budget.  Perfect colors for Fall and fabrics that can go with the flow of the days temperature.

Beauty

Discover Alicia’s clean beauty favorites and skin care routines.

Alicia Wood Lifestyle Fall Boutiques

Alicia Wood Lifestyle Fall Boutiques

Clean Beauty Focus: Silk Therapeutics

Clean Beauty Focus: Silk Therapeutics

I recently shared what I’m doing to get healthy again and so many of you related. What we put in and on our bodies is a big part of our overall health. That’s one reason why clean beauty is so important to me! Being passionate about clean beauty, I’m so excited to share and educate you when I find a new brand like Silk Therapeutics!

Introducing Frederic Fekkai Haircare

Introducing Frederic Fekkai Haircare

I’ve been a fan of Frederic Fekkai for many years! When I saw that his haircare line was now clean, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it!

Food & Entertaining

Here you’ll find delicious recipes for just about any occasion. The perfect, most delicious recipe is just minutes away, as well as the essentials for entertaining with style and ease.

Food & Recipes

Family favorites and seasonal menus.

Tablescapes

Tips on setting a beautiful table.

Entertaining

Get inspired with entertaining tips.

Interiors

My Home

Welcome to my home. Enjoy the tour!

Interior Inspiration

All my favorite finds for beautiful, everyday living.

Travel

Some of life’s greatest treasures are memories created through travel.

Destinations