It’s been so much fun to share our college journey beginning last Fall. From dorm room organization and designing a beautiful dorm room to tips for moving your college freshman, 21 Tips for College Move in Day to Beautiful Home Decor on a Budget we used in my daughters house, you have loved these posts! I’m so excited to share the Best College Care Package Ideas today with you!
I know that there are many versions of college this year but I believe now more than every a little love from home (or even downstairs if yours are at home!) is more important than ever. My daughter loved receiving packages from home last year and told me they always arrived when she needed a pick me up. I know I’m not alone in thinking about sending a happy from home so I wanted to share with you my thoughts and ideas, as well as some of the things others have shared with me.
While the photos below are centered around a bit of a guy and girl theme, they are really interchangeable, except for the game day shirt and earrings, of course! I do know that there are some schools that are allowing students at games and others that don’t but school spirit attire is still a top gift for college students. I always used the USPS Flat Rate Boxes so that the weight won’t matter in the price of shipping.
Here’s a list of fun ideas they will appreciate now and throughout their college years whether online this semester or on campus.
- Restaurant Gift Cards: Uber/Uber Eats, Chick-fil-a, In-n-Out, Chili’s, Starbucks, Grub Hub
- Gift Cards: Apple, Target, Amazon, Visa/MC, Walmart
- Detergent Pods
- Microwavable Foods: Cup O Soup, Mac and Cheese, Ramen Noodle Cups, Oatmeal, Popcorn, and Kettle Corn
- Beef Jerky
- Mints and Gum
- Protein Bars
- Cold and Flu Season: Advil, NyQuil, Cough Drops, Emergen-C
- Reed Diffuser or Electric Diffuser with Essential Oils
- Favorite Snacks from Trader Joe’s or a local shop or bakery. In Dallas, everyone loves JD’s Chippery!
- Water bottles
- Phone charging cord and Phone Battery Pack
- Extension Cord
- Home Baked Goods: One reader freezes a portion of a family favorite when she makes it and overnights it with ice packs! That is LOVE from home for sure!
GIRL SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Game Day earrings, necklace charms or jewelry
- Game Day Dress or Top
- Clear Stadium Bag
- Beauty Items: Dry Shampoo, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Body Butter, Nail Polish/Remover Pads, Sheet Masks, Facial Peels, Body Scrub, Hair Ties
- Strings of lights. Holiday decorations. Target, Walmart and Amazon have cute shops for the holidays
- Favorite tea or coffee
- Hot Chocolate, candy cane spoons, and mini marshmallows
- Cute Mug
GUY SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Game Day Shirt Available in Almost All Teams!
- Clorox Wipes: Guys are notorious for NOT cleaning anything even these days!
- Personal Care Items: Toothbrushes, Deodorant, Razors (I hear guys don’t want to spend any money on basics!)
- A new set of sheets: Another I hear… but I hear guys don’t change sheets at all. This set is super soft and cost effective enough to almost be disposable but still really nice. I sent them with my daughter to college and bought these for our house!
- Fun games like Spike Ball, Over the Door Basketball, Velcro Paddle Ball
- Bluetooth Speaker
Y’all have the best ideas throughout this process and I would love to know your ideas on care packages. Please drop your thoughts below and I will update the post and share them.
Happy Care Packaging!
PS – Looking for more home and style inspiration? Don’t miss all the college posts here, 15 Fall Dresses Under $100, AWL x Southcott Fall Collection, Blue and White Pillows For Fall, Casual Day Dresses For Fall, August Favorites Under $150, Top 25 Reader Favorites for August, the beautiful Alicia pieces I designed with Hazen and the AWL x Southcott Collection. They are filled with great pieces that are perfect for this time of year!
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin these images for reference!