Although I love a good margarita, one of my favorite summer cocktails is an Aperol Spritz. It’s light, crisp and the perfect amount of sweet and bubbly!
Originally named Spritz Veneziano and popular during the Habsburg reign of Italy, it was everywhere in Spain. I think that is because the Habsburg’s also ruled Spain! (A little tidbit we learned on our tour of Madrid!) Either way, it’s a great summer cocktail for warm days.
The main photo above is my Aperol Spritz in Mallorca at Jumeirah Port Soller. I’ll be sharing more about our time in Mallorca soon. You can see my Packing List for Summer in Spain and also What I Wore in Spain this Summer where I’ve shared a bit of the details in the meantime.
- 1½ ounces Aperol
- 3 ounces prosecco
- ¾ ounce sparkling water or club soda
- 1 orange slice, for garnish, optional
- Fill a wine glass about halfway with ice cubes. Add the Aperol, prosecco and sparkling water or club soda, and stir with a spoon. Garnish with a slice of orange.
I think I’ll make on this weekend! What is your favorite summer cocktail?
For more recipes, home and style inspiration make sure to check out these posts:
- What I Wore this Summer in Spain
- Raspberry Frose
- Favorite Looks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- 21 Tips for College Move In Day
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Beauty Exclusives
- Lately on LTK