Sometimes dinner around here is what I have on hand. Always a good reason to have a well-stocked pantry! These occasions happen especially the week school starts. For us that was last week and it resulted in this Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Quinoa Salad. It was a huge hit and I’ll be making again and again.
- 2 c prepared Quinoa (follow package directions)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 lemons
- 1 jar Marinated Artichokes, drained and chopped (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 jar Hearts of Palm, drained and sliced (Again, Trader Joe's)
- 2 c baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 heads of baby romaine, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Garlic Expressions Dressing - Best dressing EVER!
- Combine quinoa, chickpeas and beans in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lemons on the mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine arugula, romaine and onion on large platter.
- Dress the greens and toss.
- Layer quinoa mixture over greens.
- Layer artchokes and hearts of palm over quinoa.
- Serve immediately.
We had this on our first day of school. Make this and impress everyone that you are so organized and able to put a new and fresh meal on the table on the first day of school! (The dressing is our absolute favorite available online or at your local Central Market or Whole Foods).
If you have kids, too, I hope they had a great back to school today or whenever they go back…By the way, what happened to after Labor Day!?!?