It’s been so much fun to share our college journey with you. From dorm room organization and designing a beautiful dorm room, 21 Tips for College Move in Day to Beautiful Home Decor on a Budget we used in my daughters house, you have loved these posts! I’m so excited to share the Best College Care Package Ideas today with you!
Whether they are in their freshman year or even in their Senior year sending a little love from home always lets them know you are thinking of them, no matter how far they might be! My daughter has loved receiving packages from home and told me they always arrived when she needed a pick me up. I know I’m not alone in thinking about sending a happy from home so I wanted to share with you my thoughts and ideas, as well as some of the things others have shared with me.
While the photos below are centered around a bit of a guy and girl theme, they are really interchangeable, except for the game day shirt and earrings, of course! School spirit attire is always a top gift for college students. I always used the USPS Flat Rate Boxes so that the weight won’t matter in the price of shipping.
Here’s a list of fun ideas they will appreciate now and throughout their college years.
- Restaurant Gift Cards: Uber/Uber Eats, Doordash, Chili’s, Starbucks or Grub Hub
- Gift Cards: Apple, Target, Amazon, Visa/MC, Walmart
- Detergent Pods
- Microwavable Foods: Cup O Soup, Mac and Cheese, Ramen Noodle Cups, Oatmeal, Popcorn, and Kettle Corn
- Beef Jerky
- Mints and Gum
- Protein Bars
- Cold and Flu Season: Advil, NyQuil, Cough Drops, Emergen-C
- Reed Diffuser or Electric Diffuser with Essential Oils
- Favorite Snacks from Trader Joe’s or a local shop or bakery. In Dallas, everyone loves JD’s Chippery!
- Water bottles
- Phone charging cord and Phone Battery Pack
- Extension Cord
- Their favorite home baked goods: One reader freezes a portion of a family favorites when she makes it and overnights it with ice packs! That is LOVE from home for sure!
GIRL SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Game Day earrings, necklace charms or jewelry
- Game Day Dress or Top
- Clear Stadium Bag
- Beauty Items: Dry Shampoo, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Body Butter, Nail Polish/Remover Pads, Sheet Masks, Facial Peels, Body Scrub, Hair Ties
- Strings of lights. Holiday decorations. Target, Walmart and Amazon have cute shops for the holidays
- Favorite tea or coffee
- Hot Chocolate, candy cane spoons, and mini marshmallows
- Cute Mug
GUY SPECIFIC IDEAS
- Game Day Shirt Available in Almost All Teams!
- Clorox Wipes: Most guys are notorious for NOT cleaning, so handy wipes make it easier for them!
- Personal Care Items: Toothbrushes, Deodorant, Razors (I hear guys don’t want to spend any money on basics!)
- A new set of sheets: Another one I hear guys are notorious for not changing. This set is super soft and cost effective enough to almost be disposable but still really nice. I sent them with my daughter to college and bought these for our house!
- Fun games like Spike Ball, Over the Door Basketball, Velcro Paddle Ball
- Bluetooth Speaker
Many of you have shared your ideas along the years and I would love to know your ideas on care packages. Please drop your thoughts below and I will update the post and share them.
Looking for more home and style inspiration? Check out these latest posts I think you will love!
- How to switch over your closet for the season
- August Reader Favorites
- Best Home Decor for Fall
- Fall Style with Neiman Marcus
- The Best Color For Fall Transition: Army Green
Happy Care Packaging!
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin these images for reference!