My husband is the Frozen Margarita maker in our marriage. He’s pretty passionate about it and has perfected several recipes over the years. While I’m an “on the rocks with salt” gal, he is a frozen purist. His is the only Frozen Margarita I’ll drink and I think this recipe is his best.
With 100 degree temps, this is a great treat. We made a pitcher last night and probably will have them on hand all weekend. After all, it is our last weekend of summer.
Here’s his time tested answer to “What is the Best Frozen Margarita Recipe?”
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz good Tequila
- 3 oz Grand Marnier
- Splash of Negra Modelo
- 1-2 oz agave nectar to taste
- Real Sangria (premade sangria or use my recipe for Strawberry Sangria and leave out the Strawberry Puree)
- Fill blender with ice.
- Crush ice in for 1 minute then turn to slow blend for 1-2 minutes to make smooth and creamy.
- Cover the bottom of your glass with sangria.
- Pour in frozen concoction.
- Squeeze a lime slice.
Make it extra special with my Sangria Recipe leaving out the strawberry puree and add a little salt to the rim!
Pin this image for future reference!
I can’t wait to give this Frozen Margarita a try! It sounds great, cooling, and tasty!!!
The margarita looks delicious. I think I will make these at my upcoming poker party for the ladies who are attending.
I don’t think that I’ve ever tried a normal margarita! Never mind a frozen margarita! These look simply delicious….especially today! It is 40 degrees celsius with the humidity!!!