Now that Spring is officially here and Summer is quickly approaching, I have been gathering a list of the best straw bags and totes to add to your collection. We have been seeing this trend of wicker and rattan accessories emerging for a few years now, and I think it is here to stay! Keep reading to see why you need one and a list of some of my current favorites.
Why You Should Own a Straw Bag
Straw bags come in a wide variety of styles from beach bags to clutches. You can carry this trend that never goes out of style with you wherever you find yourself this Spring or Summer. Take a large straw tote, for example. Bring it with you for a day at the pool, the Farmer’s Market, or use it as a laptop bag to the office or coffee shop. A rattan clutch or basket bag would be the perfect accessory dressed up for date night or dressed down in a casual outfit for daytime. The tones of the natural fibers allow them to be paired with any color outfit, making them the perfect neutral accessory for Spring and Summer.
Best Places to Shop
I am loving Pamela Munson! This brand is devoted to straw accessories and offers an amazing collection of products. Her natural fiber bags have the sweetest feminine details such as hand stitching, pearls, and beautiful ribbon accessories. I personally own a few of her bags like this one. Pamela just sent me her signature basket bag with grosgrain and eyelet handles. I’ve also been eyeing this bucket style bag with eyelet details for my collection.
A brand that has mastered the wicker trend especially is J. McLaughlin. They have stunning handbags in so many different varieties. Many of them incorporate wicker with leather or bamboo which is a fun twist on a plain straw bag! These bags are classics and never go out of style.
If you like to personalize your bag with a monogram, Mark and Graham is the place to go. They have a variety of fun options that are under $150. If you want to know which one I would pick, this one is it.
J. Crew has so many options currently for straw and rattan bags from totes, clutches, and small camera bags. So many of these woven pieces could be taken anywhere. This Jolene rattan-inspired bag would be perfect for church and then on another day to the beach!
5 Straw Bags to Add to Your Collection
1. How beautiful is this mix of bamboo and cane from Lilly Pulitzer? This tote is small enough to be an everyday bag but big enough to take to hold all of your things!
2. You all know that I love my navy accessories, and this fringe clutch from Tuckernuck is checking all of the boxes. This would be perfect styled for date night! I’ve had a version of this in natural for years and love it!
3. This picnic inspired basket from J. McLaughlin is so darling. The bamboo handle detail and the blue and white striped fabric on the inside are top notch!
4. Did you know you can even personalize your straw bags? You can add your initials to this must have new arrival bag from Mark and Graham.
5. I am loving this woven bag with petal pink accents from Pamela Munson. Such a fun and feminine twist on a straw bag!
Shop more of the best straw bags and totes to add to your collection in the boutique below!
If you’re in need of a new stylish and trendy beach bag, read this post. Plus, if you need outfit inspiration on what to style with a straw bag, you’ll love these posts below.
Pin this image for future reference!