With July 4th weekend just ahead of us, I wanted to share this fabulous Cherry Skillet Pie recipe. It’s incredibly easy and fantastically delicious!
I used my favorite gluten-free pie crust recipe using Cup4Cup from this rustic pie but if you aren’t gluten free, you can even use store bought pie crust.
Here is the easy recipe that I hope you’ll try soon!
- Pie crust recipe (that makes 2 crusts)
- 8 c pitted fresh dark cherries
- 1 c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 2 tsp Mexican Vanilla
- ¼ c sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 egg scrambled with 2 tbs water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pitted cherries in a cast iron skillet.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, Mexican Vanilla and mix well.
- Roll out pie crust and cut into desired shapes.
- Layer on top of cherry mixture overlapping them as you go.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream for extra summer fun!
PS – For more recipes, be sure to visit my Food Section and also get July 4th tablescape ideas here!
If you are looking for more style inspiration, check out the posts listed below!
- Color Crush: Blue and White
- Summer Style Boutique
- Favorite White Dresses for Summer
- Blue and White Outdoor Living Summer Update
- Santa Barbara Packing List
This looks amazing and super easy to do, although I doubt mine will look quite as pretty 🙂