With July 4th weekend just ahead of us, I wanted to share this fabulous Cherry Skillet Pie recipe. It’s incredibly easy and fantastically delicious!
Here is the easy recipe that I hope you’ll try soon!
- Pie crust recipe (that makes 2 crusts)
- 8 c pitted fresh dark cherries
- 1 c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 2 tsp Mexican Vanilla
- ¼ c sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 egg scrambled with 2 tbs water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pitted cherries in a cast iron skillet.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, Mexican Vanilla and mix well.
- Roll out pie crust and cut into desired shapes.
- Layer on top of cherry mixture overlapping them as you go.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream for extra summer fun!
If you are looking for more style inspiration, check out the posts listed below!
- Color Crush: Blue and White
- Summer Style Boutique
- Favorite White Dresses for Summer
- Blue and White Outdoor Living Summer Update
- Santa Barbara Packing List