If you follow me on Snapchat (thelushlist), you saw that over July 4th weekend, we made a fabulous Cherry Pie. This time though I tried a new kind of pie…Skillet Pie. It was incredibly easy and fantastically yummy!
Here is the easy recipe that I hope you’ll try soon!
- Pie crust recipe (that makes 2 crusts)
- 8 c pitted fresh dark cherries
- 1 c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 2 tsp Mexican Vanilla
- ¼ c sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 egg scrambled with 2 tbs water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pitted cherries in a cast iron skillet.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, Mexican Vanilla and mix well.
- Roll out pie crust and cut into desired shapes.
- Layer on top of cherry mixture overlapping them as you go.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream for extra summer fun!
SHOP THE POST
Don’t forget to check out the Best of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in my shop! I’ve sorted through the sale so you don’t have to!