I just love sea salt. With chocolate. With caramel. With a green apple. Well, you get the idea.
I promised I’d bake something other than Brownies (yummy…gooey…oh, sorry) this weekend and saw this fabulous flaky sea salt and thought…why not?!?!
Now I wish I’d not…sort of…
- 2½ cups Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour**
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (softened)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup of Enjoy Life Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Maldon Sea Salt to sprinkle tops
- (**Cup 4 Cup is truly "Cup for Cup" of regular flour, which you can also use for this recipe if you desire)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix chosen flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugars using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour mixture about ½ cup at a time. Mix and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in by hand.
- Drop on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper using a tablespoon.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Sprinkle Maldon Sea Salt on tops after removing from oven.
- Baker's Note: Gluten free flours do not brown quite like regular flour. Do not cook until golden brown or they will be "burned."
My version of “cleaning the kitchen.” Do you have a weakness for a sweet salty combo? I’d love to know!
Items and Ingredients Featured:
Juliska Thread and Berry Large Oval Platter