Just like everyone else I’ve been doing a lot more cooking while we’ve been at home. I created this chopped summer salad with honey lime vinaigrette a few weeks ago and thought you might enjoy it, too!
I’ve always told my girls that we should eat the rainbow at most every meal and this salad meets that requirement! I chose each of these ingredients because they represent the best of summer to me. I love adding berries to salads for the sweetness they add.
I used spinach as our base but you can use any green that you would like. simply give it a rough chop so it is in bite-size pieces.
- strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Small yellow tomatoes, halved
- cucumber, diced
- avocado, diced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and then diced
- 8 cups Spinach or ¾ of a large container
- Place your greens in the bowl and then create stripes of each one of your toppings.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- 1-2 Tbs Honey
- 4 Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 large Lime or 2 small Limes
- Place olive oil in a small bowl
- Whisk in lime juice and then honey.
- Drizzle over salad and toss immediately.
Serving Tip: I served this with grilled chicken breasts. You could also pick up a rotisserie chicken to chop and add to the salad for protein.
I hope you enjoy this chopped summer salad and it inspires you to eat the rainbow this summer and beyond! for more crowdpleasing salads be sure to visit my food and entertaining section on the menu above. You can find more salads here and lots of other categories as well!
PS – Get more inspiration on these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tablescapes, Beauty and Travel. You can also see all the shop pages here: Style, Home, Tabletop, Beauty, and Travel. Did you know you can also easily shop my Instagram Feed, too?
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin this image for future reference!