A margarita is probably my favorite cocktail. But I’m picky. I really prefer them “on the rocks,” but I do like my husband’s frozen version. In honor of Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, I wanted to share my favorite Margarita recipes.
Serrano Margarita – You know that this is my favorite, right? A bit of heat and a bit of tart. Perfection with Tajin on the rim! I made up a batch of these Saturday night when we grilled out and enjoyed the great weather we are having in Dallas.
- 1½ oz Good Tequila
- 1½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- ¼ oz agave nectar
- ⅓ serrano pepper (seeds removed if you want to cut the heat a bit)
- Tajin (lime and chili powder spice)
- Rim a glass with lime juice and coat in Tajin.
- Place serrano pepper slices in glass and muddle a bit. (smash)
- Fill glass with ice.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Shake well and strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with lime.
Grapefruit Margarita – I had this as the signature drink of The Resort at Pedregal. It is one I crave!
This is my husband’s Frozen Margarita with Sangria. Icy cold and refreshing!
SHOP THE POST