It is fun to know there are so many of you out there reading my little blog. Someone asked for a good brisket recipe, so here you go!
A large brisket is a great idea for early in the week because you can have it on hand for an easy meal on a busy night or for lunches. This recipe makes for a tender and tangy brisket… perfect to stand alone with veggies, in tortillas for tacos or chopped and tossed with barbecue sauce on a bun.
- 1 4 lb Beef Brisket
- 2 White Onions
- 6 c Beef Broth
- 3 c White Vinegar
- 1¼ c Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut onions into thick slices.
- Cover bottom of dutch oven.
- Place brisket on onions fat side up.
- Pour beef broth, white vinegar and Worcestershire sauce over the brisket and onions.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 200 degrees for 3-4 hours depending upon size of brisket.
- Remove from oven.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
- **Can be shredded with forks for sandwiches or tacos.
Cover the bottom of your dutch oven with thickly sliced white onions. I love this Le Creuset Bouilabaisse pot. I use it instead of my dutch oven often. It is the workhorse of my kitchen.
Place the brisket fat side up. Add Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, vinegar salt and pepper. Cook on 400 degrees for 1 hour and reduce to 200 degrees for 3 more hours.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe. If any of you have other requests, please let me know!