We love this warm sweet fruit dish. It has become a holiday tradition.
- 1 (15 oz) can peach halves
- 1 (15 oz) can pear halves
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (17 oz) can apricot halves
- 1 ( 16 oz) can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 12 soft coconut mararoons
- ¼ c butter
- ⅓ c amaretto (omit if you have a nut allergy as we do)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain fruits and combine in a large bowl.
- Layer ½ of the fruit in a buttered 2½ quart baking dish.
- Crumble 6 of the coconut macaroons over the fruit.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter, cut in small squares.
- Add the rest of the fruit.
- Top with remaining coconut macaroons and butter.
- Pour amaretto over the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Image via Taste.com.au