I LOVE Cranberry! The tart punch balanced with sweet brown sugar is yum holiday overload for me! This Cranberry Apple Crisp is family favorite during the holidays.
It just as good for Thanksgiving as it is for Christmas. This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe from an old cookbook called Kansas City Christmas. I can’t find it online or I’d link it for you. It has great recipes so I wish I could!
I love the antler accents on the handles of this Juliska Forest Walk baker. You’ve seen this pattern in my Thanksgiving Tablescapes here and here. This darling baking dish has cute illustrations inside.
- 2 small Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 2½ c of Fresh Whole Cranberries
- 1½ tbs grated orange zest
- ¾ c brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- ¾ c gluten free old-fashioned oats (regular is fine, too!)
- ¾ c Cup4Cup (regular flour works also)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place in baking dish.
- Mix together Topping ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place on top of Fruit filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
I hope you are loving my new eBook with all my favorite holiday recipes in one easy place for you. You can find my Traditional Thanksgiving Menu here. I love this time of year and cooking in the kitchen with my mom and girls. I’ll be making a triple batch of this Ginger Spiced Cranberry Sauce it’s so good. It’s my most made recipe by readers. I know you’ll love it, too. You can find all of my Thanksgiving Prep tips here.
Get more inspiration on these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tabl
PS – Did you know two new giveaways that will be on going to thank you for your loyalty and support. Randomly, each month I’ll select winners from the comments those who leave on blog posts and from those subscribed to my newsletter. These winners will receive gift boxes filled with some of my favorite items…some gifted by brands and others I add to the mix.