Anything and everything RED! From dresses and tops to blazers and bags, this is the hot hue for Fall.
I used to be averse to wearing red. I’m not sure why but I never wore red. EVER. I loved it on other people but not myself. In the past several years, I’ve branched out and worn a red dress to cocktail parties, luncheons and also a black tie event. Each time, I’ve received lots of compliments. Is it because it’s a color I never wear? I don’t think so.
Red is just a great color on everyone and there are so many shade variations that there is the perfect one for your skin tone. I prefer a true red with a blue undertone but brighter reds with a bit of a warmer undertone are just as pretty! I have this dress (which I may shorten) and this dress on the way to me as I want a new red dress for an event in a few weeks. I have this dress in navy and LOVE the draping.
Red is a “trend” this Fall but truly is such a classic color it never goes out of style. I shared a few great reasons to wear red a few years ago and thought I’d share them again now.
I think you should have at least one Red Dress, too. Here’s why:
- Red is a power color. It exudes confidence…even when you don’t feel that confident.
- Red in the right shade for you makes your skin glow.
- Red is the color of luck in some cultures.
- Red is romantic.
- Red is equally appropriate for day or night.
- Red is classic and never goes out of style.
- Red is festive, perfect for the holidays and other celebrations.
You’ll find my favorite red pieces for this Fall in the boutique below. I’ll keep this updated so be sure to check back all Fall and through the Holidays!
LOOKING FOR MORE STYLE INSPIRATION? Be sure to visit these posts!
- Game Day Style
- My Favorite Color Handbag for Fall
- Fall Trend: Everything Red
- Best Shirt Dresses for Fall
- Fall Trend: Dark Florals
- August Reader Favorites
- Five Trends to Try This Fall
- Fall Transition Favorites
Hope you have a great weekend…a wear a little red! I’ll be wearing it today, in fact!
SHOP THE FALL TREND: RED EVERYTHING IN THE BOUTIQUE BELOW: