Our Master Bedroom is a peaceful place in our home where we love to spend time winding down at the end of a busy day. I’m sharing five tips on creating a peaceful master retreat with you today.
My husband also runs his own business so he is very busy during the day with meetings. When we first got married, my mother-in-law told us to complete our bedroom before the other spaces in our home because it will be our retreat. She said we’d get to the public space but not come back to the bedroom. I’m so glad she shared that with me!
Five Tips for a Peaceful Master Retreat
- Calming Colors – Have you ever noticed all 5 Star Hotels have white bedding with just a touch of color? Not only does this make them seem clean and fresh, it is so very peaceful! Our bedroom is predominantly white with a touch of silvery gray. I immediately relax when I am in here.
- Luxurious Bedding – Speaking of bedding, perfecting your mix of high thread-count linens, Euro and decorative pillows, down sleeping pillows, a cozy down comforter in a crisp cotton duvet and the perfectly lush mattress pad ensure an “ahhhh” moment when you slip into bed to read your favorite book at night.
- Greenery or Flowers – Be sure to include a bit of “life” in your bedroom as well. While I love fresh flowers, I have two faux arrangements in my bedroom which is perfect for right now since we are sheltering at home!
- Beautiful Scent – I love burning candles throughout the day in my home and having a favorite at my bedside is the perfect end to my day. Jo Malone Red Roses is my signature scent and I love ending my day with this candle.
- Special Touches like family photos – Seeing the sweet smiling faces of my family as I turn out the light brings me joy.
I’ve created a boutique below of all my favorite items to create a peaceful master retreat. Nordstrom has a wide selection of great bedding and home accents. It’s the perfect time to perfect your master bedroom. As I’ve shared before, I’m working on my girls rooms and truly any bedroom will benefit from these tips as well.
I hope that you had a restful weekend and are ready to tackle another week of being Safer at Home. For those of you that have loved ones on the front lines of fighting this pandemic, know that we are all so grateful and praying for everyone’s health and safety.
PS – Get more inspiration in recent posts:
- Best Valentine’s Gifts for Him,
- Valentine’s Day Inspiration,
- Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
- Best Home Organization Ideas,
- Ski Chic Style Shop
You can also shop these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tablescapes, Beauty and Travel. You can also see all the shop pages here: Style, Home, Tabletop, Beauty, and Travel. Did you know you can also easily shop my Instagram Feed, too?
Photos by Mary Hafner.
Pin this image for reference!