I’ve read a lot about flavored salts and sugars over the years and also picked some up but never made any. This was fun and the girls enjoyed helping me chop and mix. They especially love choosing one for their popcorn snacks!
I also plan on using these when I need a quick way to add flavor to pan seared chicken or fish. I’d love to know how you would use them. I so enjoy hearing from you and what you like, how you cook, alter my recipes and what you want to see more of, so please leave a comment. They truly make my day!
- 2 rosemary sprigs, stems removed, finely chopped
- 6 oranges
- 4 lemons
- ¾ c sea salt or kosher salt (I used sea salt)
Grated citrus that will dry overnight.
Chopped fresh rosemary that will also dry overnight.
Lemon and Orange zest for the Rosemary Citrus Salt.
Chili powder, Cayenne Pepper and Lime Zest.
Rosemary Citrus Salt
- 8 limes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¾ c sea salt
- 1 c Herbs de Provence (Approx. 1 spice jar)
- ½ c sea salt
- Place Herbs de Provence in a spice grinder or blender. I used my Vitamix.
- Pulse until coarsely ground and approximately the same texture.
- Combine with sea salt.
- Store in airtight container. (Love these Le Parfait French hermetic glass terrines.)
- *My salt had a bit of moisture so I poured it into a bowl to dry overnight, as well.
This is great on popcorn as well but fun to sprinkle on sugar cookies, ice cream, pancakes or hot buttered toast
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 c sugar
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds.
- Add to sugar mixture and combine.
- Place in airtight container and add cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. (Love these Le Parfait French hermetic glass terrines.)
SHOP THE POST