Gal Meets Glam Liza Dress / John Hardy Silver Bamboo Hoops / Custom Caroline Waggoner Necklace / Oval Juliska Classic Bamboo Platter / Urban Decay Lipgloss in Midnight Cowgirl
I’m excited to bring you some new recipes this fall starting with Fresh Figs with Maple Goat Cheese with Crispy Prosciutto. You’ll love this easy, crowd pleasing, Fall appetizer.
The past several months, I have been so busy that I haven’t had a lot of time for recipe development. Now that we are back in the swing of the school year schedule, I have a bit more time to play in the kitchen.
Figs are one of my favorite fruits and they are perfectly in season right now. It seems like friends are always asking me for easy appetizer ideas and figs topped with sweet and creamy maple goat cheese and crispy prosciutto is simple and delicious. The maple syrup and salty prosciutto are the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
- 1 pint of fresh figs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 8 ounces of fresh goat cheese
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Place slices of prosciutto on the baking sheet and bake for approximately five minutes or until crispy.
- Immediately remove prosciutto from the baking sheet and place on a paper towel to soak up excess olive oil.
- Place the goat cheese and maple syrup in a food processor and combine.
- You can also use your immersion blender.
- Sliced figs in half.
- Spread about a quarter of a teaspoon near the end of each bag and top with a small piece of crispy prosciutto.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
To add a little bit of tasty extra, drizzle the platter with balsamic glaze.
I hope you enjoy this easy appetizer. Right after we photographed this I went to a Bible study dinner and one of my friends had brought figs with goat cheese and topped with cracked black pepper. That’s another super simple yet elegant and delicious option for figs.
I have several more recipes headed your way this fall so stay tuned!
PS – Remember to leave comments on posts to be eligible for my monthly Beauty and Gift Boxes! Also, when you subscribe to the newsletter you receive the password to download my three FREE eBooks including the newest just released this month, Easy Summer Entertaining that has tips and recipes that are also good for Fall!
Photos by Audrie Dollins
Pin this image for reference!