The peaches this year have been so good. We made a fabulous peach cobbler at my mom’s with South Missouri peaches. They were unreal.
I used a few yummy peaches I picked up at Trader Joe’s with this King Arthur muffin mix. It was perfect for these because it has a pinch of nutmeg already in the mix.
Most recipes call for peeling the peaches. Not sure why. I like the peel. Made for a good snack while baking these!
I added some brown sugar streusel before popping them in the oven.
- King Arthur Muffin Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ stick of butter melted (divided use)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Original Flavor
- 3 peaches, peeled and diced
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free baking flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking cups in muffin tin.
- Make muffin mix according to directions.
- Add one scoop of the Amazing Meal.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add peaches (saving a few to add with the streusel) and stir until well distributed.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Mix remaining ½ stick melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour until crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel and remaining peaches on muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
When I added the scoop of the Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Original flavor I told you about in this post, the mix looked pretty green…but they baked up just fine and weren’t green at all. Whew!
Aren’t the napkins great!?! A friend brought them back from her hometown in Russia. They remind me of these cute napkins.
Everyone here enjoyed these muffins with a bit of extra protein. Let me know if you do, too!