I simply adore grapefruit juice. It is so refreshing. This Margarita is the same. Just a sip of this Grapefruit Margarita evokes memories of warm summer days in Mexico. I first had this Margarita at The Resort at Pedregal while seated in the chairs below facing the turquoise blue ocean. The resort has been renamed recently but has same owner, same GREAT resort, FABULOUS staff and AMAZING views!
If you like a spicy Margarita, you can add a few slices of serrano or jalapeño pepper to the cocktail shaker. It adds a great zip!
- 1½ oz Tequila Don Julio Reposado
- ¼ oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- Rim a rocks glass with lime juice, dip into salt and fill with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients.
- Shake well and pour into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- **Note: Make your own Simple Syrup by boiling 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. The stuff in the bottle is not tasty!
- Also, if you are not in to squeezing your own juice, many local markets have fresh juice in the produce sections!
I’ll be sharing about this great resort shortly. I hope to go again soon!
Photos via Junebug Weddings and The Resort at Pedregal
Pin this image for future reference!