Breakfast is a struggle around here. It is really the only meal I’m not that great at getting to the table in an easy and inspired way. Honestly, I’m not a morning person so that could be the issue but no one here wants scrambled eggs or a smoothie every day.
On a recent trip to Austin, we stayed at the Hotel Van Zandt (more on that in another post). Their restaurant Geraldine’s has the BEST breakfast dishes! This Kale and Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is inspired but the one I had there.
You can do all the prep the night before and simply assemble. It is so good, you’ll want it again for lunch or dinner. My photographer, Mary, was a bit skeptical, too. She was so surprised and loved it! So just trust me and try it. You’re morning will go smoother and who doesn’t need that these last few weeks of May!
SHOP THE POST
- 4 bunches Dinosaur Kale, washed and dried
- 1 Daikon radish
- 2 cups prepared quinoa
- 2 cups of your favorite granola (recipe for my Sweet and Salty Seed Granola is below)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup dried Cherries
- 6 poached or soft boiled eggs
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Give a quick chop to the kale being careful to remove the tough stem.
- Layer ingredients in the bowl in this order:
- Blue Berries
- Drizzle with Olive Oil
- Top with the poached egg. Half the soft boiled if that is what you use.
- Season to taste with Sea Salt and Pepper.