I’ve written about my obsession with Heirlooms. They are so very good right now. I can’t get enough of these minis.
Here is the latest from my kitchen. So easy and so good!
- 2 pints of Mini Heirloom Tomatoes (halved)
- ½ jalapeno (seeded and sliced in long pieces - use more if you like spicy like me!)
- ¼ red onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- ½ lime
- salt and pepper
- Place tomato halves in the bowl of your food processor (I used the Kitchenaid Smart Stick).
- Pulse twice.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Pulse 2-4 more times.
- Add squeeze of lime and stir with a fork.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Easy-peasy! Enjoy!
I don’t use my Kitchenaid Smart Stick enough. It’s so much easier than my food processor especially for small batches like this.
This is a great topper for my Chili Lime Tacos. Or just on a chip…with a spicy Margarita! (Recipes for these coming up soon!)
How will you enjoy the last of the Heirlooms? Let me know!
These look delicious. Might have to run out and grab the ingredients to make this today!
Thanks for sharing your great recipes.
I’m a sucker for salsa! I’ll have to try this. An excuse to use my Smart Stick as well!