It was just a few years ago that I was brave enough to try that vegetable that every child dreads…Brussel Sprouts.
These babies above are on the stalk at Trader Joe’s. So beautiful! I love to use the Trader Joe’s Garlic Olive Oil for extra flavor.
Not sure why they get a bad wrap. My girls love them. Wonder if it’s because they aren’t prepared like they were in the 70s and 80s….steamed in butter until mushy in your mom’s SaladMaster Cookware.
Try this version. They’re fantastic!
- 1½ lb of brussel sprouts
- 4 tbs of good Olive Oil (I really just do a good drizzle over the pan)
- 4 tbs of good Balsamic Vinegar (same drizzle)
- Garlic Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut ends off of Brussel Sprouts and halve them.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over sprouts and toss to coat. (I use my hands for this. It's easier for me.)
- Sprinkle with Garlic Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper and toss again.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprouts should be slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- After removing from oven, drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve.
On the pan and tossed with my favorite Long Meadow Ranch Olive Oil for cooking, Garlic Salt and Pepper.
Finished off with Balsamic Vinegar and ready for my plate…or yours. Yum!