I’ve never met a salted caramel anything I wouldn’t eat. I found Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce at Trader Joe’s last week. So I grabbed it, natch.
I’ve had this pie crust in the fridge begging to be baked. So last night, I relented.
Here is the result…
which can be yours if you subscribe to my newsletter on the website! All you have to do is subscribe here and you’ll be entered in to the drawing next Friday afternoon. If you are on Facebook, please also Like and Share The Lush List page with your friends.
Back to the business of pie!
The crust is the same from this post.
Just in case you can’t find caramel sauce, I also did a few with chopped Brock’s caramels and added a bit of the Maldon Sea Salt that I used in this post. This worked well too.
- Use the pie crust recipe from the Apple Galette post.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 jar salted caramel sauce; or 15 caramel pieces and sea salt flakes like Maldon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop apples and caramels.
- Roll out pie crust to ¼" thickness
- Cut in to rectangles.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Top with apples and caramel sauce or caramel pieces.
- Cover with second piece of pie crust.
- Press all sides of the pie with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a great dessert or breakfast treat. The crust keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator so it’s easy to keep on hand.