Just a quick check in to share a few of my favorite smoothies with you. I usually have one in the morning if I’m not having fresh juice but they would be good anytime of day for a pick me up or as a meal replacement. Here’s sticking with our New Year Resolutions or as I call it Reset!
If you don’t have a good blender, invest now in a Vitamix. They are truly the top of the top as far as blenders go. If you’ve ever had a chunk of something in your smoothie or worse yet, a hunk of ice in your margarita, and wonder how that doesn’t happen other places, I’d bet a Vitamix is why. It smooths out even the toughest foods and ice. Get one. Mine is on sale with Free Shipping at Williams-Sonoma today. You’ll thank me now and when you’re making margs this summer!
- 1 c fresh orange juice (Trader Joe's is great!)
- 1 c coconut water
- ½ c frozen raspberries
- 1 c frozen mango
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Amazing Meal - Greens based protein
- 3 slices of jalapeño
I made this on for my girls this week. They thought is was great and that I should share it with you!
- 8 oz Kefir (Strawberry or Pomegranate)
- 1 c frozen Mangos
- 1 c fresh orange juice
- Place all in your blender or Vitamix.
I’ve shared this before but it is so good with the fresh ingredients.
- 1 cup of ice**
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- **If you use frozen fruit, don't add ice.
- Add all ingredients to you blender. I prefer the Vitamix as it makes anything smooth as silk!
- Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!
I’ve just ordered these two books on smoothies to give me a few ideas. Love the thought of adding easy Super Foods to my mornings!
Do you have a go to morning drink? I’d love to know!
SHOP THE POST