We love food from the grill. I don’t often do it during the week. Not sure why because it’s so easy and makes for less kitchen mess which is always nice.
This weekend try one of our favorites: Grilled Artichokes.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees (We prefer the Green Egg.)
- Fill a large pot with water, add 2 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Prep the Artichokes:
- Cut off the very tip.
- Trim the tips off of the leaves.
- Place artichokes in boiling water.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Peel and finely mince fresh garlic cloves.
- Add to melted butter.
- Salt and pepper this mixture to taste.
- Remove artichokes from water and drain.
- Slice the artichokes in half from the stem to the top.
- Place on hot grill 7-10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and brush with garlic butter.
- Serve with more garlic butter or an aioli for dipping. (I love Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Aioli)
I served with an Heirloom tomato salad and Cedar Plank Salmon. It’s an easy appetizer, too!
Thank you for the recipe! I have always been intimidated to prepare artichokes and found this recipe to be very easy- especially with the photos. The garlic butter was delicious and my 8 year old daughter loved them.