Summer and Sangria go hand in had for me. Really I like a good Sangria any time. None of that stuff in a bottle for me. It’s fine for a floater on a Frozen Margarita but homemade is truly best.
Here is my favorite Sangria. I’ve made it twice this summer already.
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c fresh orange juice, chilled
- ½ c fresh lemon juice, chilled
- ½ c strawberry puree (blend fresh strawberries in your blender or Vitamix)
- ¼ c brandy
- 1 bottle Cabernet Savignon or Merlot, chilled
- 10 oz Club Soda, chilled
- ½ c sliced strawberries
- ½ of an orange, sliced thinly
- **Note: Use fresh squeezed juices. It really tastes much better. Never that pre-made Real Lemon! I buy it at Whole Foods when I'm making a large quantity but it's really not that hard to squeeze this amount for a single batch.
- Place sugar, orange juice and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour over ice in a high boy or large wine glass.
Next the juices.
I’ll be making more this weekend for July 4th. Hope you’ll join me!
Happy Sangria making!
SHOP THE POST
My dress and jewelry are all J.Crew and 30% off through tonight with code SUMMERSTYLE. So many great things on sale to wear right now. I’ve liked everything below and a few more of my favorites!
Photos by Megan Weaver.