Last week, I told you to go ahead and order your 123 Gluten Free Yummy Yellow Cake Mix for Easter baking. I sure hope you did! This item calls for it!
Ever wonder about those recipes on the inside of the box of a mix? Umm…I know you buy boxed mixes, too, right?!?! Sometimes it’s just necessary…like when you have two birthday parties in 3 days. Plus, this one tastes so great. Might be the 6 eggs and two sticks of butter.
I made these for a brunch in the fall and they were thoroughly enjoyed. This is a great pan to have on hand and is similar to mine that is no longer available. I’ve made Chocolate Kahluha Cakes in them as well. I’ll have to share that soon!
- 123 Gluten Free Yummy Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 c sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1⅓ c sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c pecans (if you can use them, I delete them and add 2tsp of flour)
- 6 tbs light brown sugar
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease your Bundt pan.
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Alternate adding the cake mix and sour cream, scraping the sides each time.
- Mix well.
- Add ⅓ of the batter to a large Bundt pan or fill each mini ½ way.
- Add topping mixture and repeat with a large pan or add topping and one layer of batter is using minis.
- Bake large pan for 1 hour and minis for about 25 minutes or golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in the pan and then invert on to a platter.
If you don’t have a mix, you could substitute 2 cups of Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp of vanilla.