Hope you are having a great Memorial Day. Don’t forget to check out the great Memorial Day sales that I shared with you Saturday. I’ve continued to update the lists and codes. So don’t let the day get by without snagging a few pieces for summer.
If you need a great but quick and easy dish to take to a cook out today, this is it! My friend Nancy makes this great Black Bean Corn Salsa that is just fantastic. She and her mother-in-law had similar recipes and have refined them to create this yummy dip.
I shared this as a part of my Super Bowl Menu but never featured it. This will be a great addition to your summer entertaining recipes.
- 2 cans Mexican Corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ c white balsamic vinegar (this is her "secret" ingredient!)
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped (I like to use cherry or cherub tomatoes - less seeds and juice)
- Mix corn, beans, onions, cumin, vinegar and olive oil.
- Add avocados and tomatoes just before serving.
Also, don’t forget to register for the J.Crew giveaway!
Yumm! Looks delicious. 🙂
First time I heard of corn salsa! Looks delicious!
This looks very appetizing 🙂
I need to make this during the weekend.