This recipe is based off my memory of my mom’s. Probably the best thing about this blog is that it forces me to write down my improvises so that I can make things again “like you did last time!”
- 2 pounds 90% lean chili meat
- 4 tbs of chili powder (good quality will be darker, not bright red-orange)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes Regular flavor
- one white onion, diced
- Sauté onions with 2 tablespoons of chili powder on medium until tender.
- Add ground beef and 2 more tablespoons of chili powder.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until beef begins to brown.
- Add one can tomato paste, Rotel Tomatoes, 2 cans diced tomatoes and 24 oz water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes then add beans.
- Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with diced onion, shredded cheddar and sliced or chopped jalapeños.