One of my favorite flavors of the whole holiday season is Cranberry. Whether it’s my Ginger Spiced Orange Cranberry Sauce, Cranberry Apple Crisp, Cranberry Orange Muffins or a Cranberry Margarita, I can’t get enough. This Orange Cranberry Coffee Cake is one of the best recipes and I can’t believe I’ve not shared it!
I actually photographed this last Christmas and never to posted it. It is one of of the favorite things we make for Christmas morning. It is so yummy. It never lasts long and everyone eyes the last piece! This was my middle daughter’s request a few weeks ago for her birthday breakfast in bed, too. This coffee cake uses the Ginger Spiced Orange Cranberry Sauce for the filling. I always make a triple batch of this stuff because it’s so good. It’s one of the most searched recipes each year and I get a lot of emails about it as well. You could also substitute any of your favorite fruit jams as well.
- Coffee Cake
- 2-1/2 c Cup4Cup or all-purpose flour
- ¾ c sugar
- ¾ c butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c dairy sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ c Ginger Spiced Orange Cranberry Sauce (or jam of your choice)
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1 cup crumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, and egg; blend well.
- Spread batter over bottom and 2 in. up side of greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. (Batter should be ¼ in thick on sides.)
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and egg; blend well.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Carefully spoon jam evenly over cheese filling.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of reserved flour mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is a deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
I hope you love this recipe and make it Christmas morning. We love to come down in our robes see what Santa brought and then enjoy this coffee cake. So that you can enjoy this tradition too, I’m giving away one of my favorite robes from Little Giraffe! To enter, follow The Lush List and Little Giraffe on Instagram, Like The Lush List on Facebook and register for the newsletter if you have not already. For TWO extra entries, click here to sign up the men in your life to receive the Gift Guide Hints emails from me 3 times a year. More details here. Please comment below that you have done them all.
PS – The winner of the Juliska Mugs is Arlinda S. I’ll be sending you an email to get your address for shipping!
Tree Photo credit: Laurel Wood