Spring inspires me to make fresh, healthy dishes. I’m also always thinking of easy to incorporate more protein into a meal with out meat. Something that can be made ahead of course and doesn’t heat up the kitchen as well because as nice as the weather is now in Dallas, unfortunately it won’t last long enough.
During these weeks outdoor entertaining is also on my mind. Because we entertain outdoors a lot, I’m also always trying to think of a good appetizer that is a little different.
- 2 cups fresh peas or 1 10 oz package frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- In your Food Processor, pulse together the peas, garlic, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the olive oil until with the food processor running until well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Use as is for a spread or add an additional ½ cup of olive oil with the food processor running for a dressing.
- Will store for 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This pesto is great spread on toast or crackers and topped with heirloom tomatoes as an easy starter, tossed with pasta, fresh tomatoes and shaved parmesan, or mixed a little extra olive oil as a salad dressing.
What is your go to appetizer? Please share!
SHOP THE POST