Can you believe summer is winding up? As ready as I (we) are for a routine, I always dread the back-to-school crush. This week I’m going to be sharing a few things that I’m planning to make our first week back to school easier. Today, the Perfect Blueberry Muffin.
Each year when we visit my parents in the summer, we go to the local blueberry patch. Last year I thought they were fantastic and plentiful. This year, blew it away! We picked 18 pounds of sweet and tart, firm blueberries in about 45 minutes! I bought about 10 pounds back with us and plan on freezing some to help summer last.
We immediately run home and make a batch. Nothing like blueberry muffins with berries from the bush less than an hour!
- 1 egg
- 1¼ c milk
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1½ c Cup 4 Cup gluten free four blend
- ½ c + 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen but need to thaw them)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Stir until all ingredients are just moistened.
- Batter will still be lumpy.
- Fill lined muffin tins about 80 % full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- **Remember that gluten free flour doesn't brown the same to don't over cook. They are ready when muffin springs back to the touch.
I made our muffins with Cup 4 Cup but you can easily make this recipe with traditional flour by reducing the milk 1/4 c. Williams-Sonoma has a sale on Cup 4 Cup and all baking items – 20% off right now. Use code BAKE. How’s that for a back-to-school treat!?!
They are just as good the next morning if you want to make them at night to ease your school morning. That is what I will do!
SHOP THE POST
PS – One of my favorite J.Crew ales is happening this week! Buy More, Save More! 25-30% off your entire purchase.
I’ll be telling you more tomorrow but you can see my favorites here from J.Crew.