This post was originally published November 30, 2016 and updated December 19, 2019.
I’ve received so many comments on how beautifully wrapped the gifts are in all of my Gift Guide photos here and on Instagram, I want to show you how to present a perfectly wrapped present.
Everyone appreciates a well wrapped gift. We all know someone who slides their fingers under the paper so it doesn’t tear and saves the satin ribbons. And if it has a “Tiffany” bow on top, all the better!
For a perfectly wrapped present, you need sturdy wrapping paper, sharp scissors, double sided tape and pretty ribbon.
- Roll out your paper and place the gift on the paper top side down.
- Make sure that the paper comes about 1/2 ” past half-way up each side. If not, recenter or trim accordingly.
- Tape one side of the paper in the middle of the box.
- Take the opposite side and wrap around the box until it is about 1/2″ past the edge of the box. Cut here.
- Fold the paper even with the edge of the box and fasten with double sided tape. (I used Super Tape with this paper because of the glitter.)
- Next push in the sides of the paper one at a time and crease the edges to make trapezoids top and bottom.
- Fold the “bottom” (which is currently the top) down and tape to the box. Repeat with the other side.
- Turn the box over to have the proper top facing up.
Similar Sweater Dress // Satin Ribbon // Wrapping Paper
To tie a “Tiffany Bow,” it is all about making the ribbon flat on the bottom.
- With the ribbon, make a loop with a tail the size you want the bow to be and add 3 inches (or about 3 times the width of the box).
- Lay that portion to one side across the box and place your hand on the ribbon in the center of the box.
- Take the long side of the ribbon and wrap it under and around the box and back to the center.
- Twist the ribbons together in a quarter turn and go around the box again. (You should have a flat ribbon cross on the bottom of the box.)
- Push the ribbon under the twist at the top and tie a bow!
Voila! A Perfectly Wrapped Present!
The Container Store always has the best paper and ribbon. Each year I choose a color theme and work with that for each gift. I vary the paper and ribbons but in the chosen colors. I do splurge on some of their specialty paper for a few special gifts. I’ve gathered my favorites in a boutique below.
PS – If you’ve not finished your shopping be sure to check this post for Shipping Deadlines. You can access all of 15 Gift Guides under the boutique below. Get more inspiration for the holidays on the Holiday tab on the menu above and on these category pages: Personal Style, Interiors, My Home, Food, Entertaining, Tablescapes, Beauty and Travel. You can also see all the shop pages here: Style, Home, Tabletop, Beauty, and Travel.
Pin this image for reference!
I opened and read your post on wrapping luxury papers and ribbon. These are truly beautiful. Your taste shows in every way. Thanks for sending me this pleasure during the hustle and bustle of the holiday
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment! I means so much to me. I’m so glad you enjoyed the post and the inspiration I share. Merry Christmas!