When planning for the revival of the Make This Weekend Series, I remembered this great recipe for Pineapple Gazpacho. It’s the perfect blend of chilled sweet and a bit of heat.
I am a huge fan of chilled soups in the summer. My girls love chilled soups as much as I do. Their favorite might be this Cantaloup Soup with Tart Raspberry Sauce. It’s so very easy! My Watermelon Gazpacho is one of the most popular recipes I’ve ever shared. A recipe site featured it and it got over 10,000 view in one day!
This recipe was actually developed four summers ago when planning a menu and shoot for a wine collaboration. That is why you see Ecco Domani in several of the photos! The Strawberry Avocado Salsa from this menu is wonderful, too! When thinking about a menu for a girl’s happy hour, I wanted something cold so I decided to change up my Watermelon Gazpacho recipe and use pineapple instead. It was a success but I never shared it with you!
- 1 fresh pineapple, pealed, cored and quartered or 4 c of precut fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ c peeled, diced red bell pepper (about ¼")
- ½ c peeled, seeded and diced cucumber (about ¼")
- ¼ c finely chopped red onion
- ¼ - ½ serrano chile, minced (seeded also if you want less heat)
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro, plus some for garnish
- Juice of one lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Purée the pineapple in a blender and strain. (You can use a juicer if you have one!)
- Pour juice into a medium bowl.
- Stir in red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, serrano chile, and
- chopped cilantro.
- Season to taste with fresh lime juice and sea salt.
- Cover and chill until very cold, about 2-3 hours.
- Ladle into small bowls or glasses.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serrano, if desired
This is another recipe that tastes like sweet summer in a bowl! I love the cool, sweet pineapple mixed with the crunch of cucumber and kick of serrano. I served these in stemless wine glasses but you could also use small bowls or large ramekins. This makes a perfect starter for an outdoor dinner from the grill or an appetizer as well. Hmmm…maybe I should make some tonight!
I’d love to know your favorite chilled soup for summer and what else you’d like to see in this series. Let me know in the comments below.
PS – Have you Subscribed to the Newsletter yet? It is the best way to not miss sales alerts and great content coming up. You’ll also get the password for all of my eBooks including Fresh Sips, A Taste of Summer and Simple Summer Entertaining as my gift to you!
Photos by Rebecca of Beckley & Co.
Pin this image for future reference!