I’ve never seriously thought about Meatless Monday but I end up doing meatless a lot. This is one of my “happy accidents” that will become a regular on our menu rotation this spring and summer.
As I’ve said before, I get really inspired by the nicer weather and the fresh ingredients available. These Quinoa Edamame Lettuce Wraps really hit the spot.
- 8 Romaine or 12 Little Gem lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 4 cups cooked Quinoa, cooled
- 2 cups blanched fresh peas (you can also use frozen if that is all you have)
- 2 cups cooked edamame
- ¼ c feta
- ¼ c mint leaves, washed (chopped if desired)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter.
- Combine quinoa, lemon zest, peas and edamame in a large bowl.
- Add feta and mint.
- Gently combine so as not to "melt" the feta.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon in lettuce leaves.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon.
- These can be made 1 hour ahead of time and refrigerated.
Add the Lemon Zest to the Quinoa.
Top with a squeeze of lemon and serve.
All of the ingredients can be made ahead so all you have to do is assemble. This is a great dinner option for a really busy day. For me, those happen to be Mondays!
Do you have a Meatless Monday go-to? Please share in the comments below!