Happy first Monday of Summer! We are all sleeping late and having a slow start but that’s what summer is all about, right!?!?
Here is a little something for your Meatless Monday. We love Quinoa in my house. This is a little dish I created for a Teacher Appreciation Lunch in May. Many people asked me for the recipe! It is great for a hot summer day. The last thing I want on a super hot day is hot food.
- 1 box qunioa, prepared to instructions and cooled
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1 can Canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 oz bag of frozen peas, blanched in hot water to thaw
- 6 oz feta (I used a goat's milk feta for this recipe)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, leaves only, thinly sliced just before tossing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss the prepared, cooled quinoa with the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add beans and peas and toss again.
- Add the feta and basil and gently combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy room temperature or chilled.
It was super flavorful and very well received. Hope you enjoy it, too.
Do you have a favorite Quinoa Salad? I’d love to know!
SHOP THE POST