When you are a nut-free home, party prep can be difficult. Gone are the bowls of smoked almonds or spicy pecans. Honestly, I do miss Hail Merry Orange Rosemary Pecans and Lemon Thyme Pecans and ….oh, sorry…
On a road trip two summers ago, in Whole Foods looking for a few snacks I stumbled upon roasted chickpeas. Hmmmm…..maybe? Well, they were great!
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs garlic olive oil (I used Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil)
- 3 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea Salt
- **Note: If you don't have garlic olive oil, you can add 2 finely minced garlic cloves to the mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and rosemary.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Peas will be dehydrated and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Grind sea salt over the peas.
- Cool completely and serve.
- These will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.