I posted this bowl of Kale Chips on my Instagram account and have had a lot of requests for the recipe. It’s so very simple. Another great idea for holiday party snacks, too.
- 2 large heads of curly kale
- Olive oil
- You topping(s) of choice:
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Truffle Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Tear in 2"-3" pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet in one layer.
- Pieces can be touching as they pieces do shrink some while cooking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending upon your oven. (My top and bottom ovens cook differently.)
- Remove from oven when crispy but still bright green.
- Immediately add your toppings.
- If you want the Parmesan crispy rather than chewy, sprinkle it on before cooking.
If you want to make a variation, that is simple, too. Immediately after baking, you can add any of these in any combination:
Parmesan Cheese (if you want the cheese crispy, add it sprinkle it on before baking)
Don’t blink, because they’ll all be gone. You might make these when no one is home because you’ll want to eat a big bowl yourself!
I brought this bowl back from a trip but love this one for the holidays.