In honor of National Margarita Day and because I love a good Margarita with a bit of serrano! You know I love a good Margarita if you follow me on Instagram or have read the blog for long and saw my prior post on Margaritas, here, here and here. Here is my recipe for a great Serrano Margarita.
- 1½ oz Good Tequila
- 1½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- ¼ oz agave nectar
- ⅓ serrano pepper (seeds removed if you want to cut the heat a bit)
- Tajin (lime and chili powder spice)
- Rim a glass with lime juice and coat in Tajin.
- Place serrano pepper slices in glass and muddle a bit. (smash)
- Fill glass with ice.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Shake well and strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with lime.